1. As a presenter, Chair, invited speaker, do I need to register to attend?
All CCC 2011 presenters, Chairs, invited speakers, must be registered to attend Congress. Non-registered presenters shall not be permitted to access the session(s) at which they are scheduled to present.
2. As a medical student, is there a bursary I can apply for in order to attend CCC 2011?
Yes. The Canadian Cardiovascular Society Academy's Have a Heart Bursary Program is designed to introduce promising young Canadian medical students, post-graduate trainees and basic scientists-in-training to the cardiovascular sciences (clinical and basic sciences) to encourage a strong Canadian cardiovascular community. Applicants should be committed to a future career in Canada. Click here to learn more.
3. I prefer to speak with someone in person. Who may I call?
All Congress related inquiries should be directed to the Congress Secretariat via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at 1-866-317-8461 (Toll Free)
4. When and How do I register?
Registration for CCC 2011 opens the first week of June 2011. Registration is 100% online.
5. Where do I find my registration confirmation number?
Your registration confirmation number is located in the upper right hand corner of your confirmation e-mail. Click here to view an example.
6. The registration system rejected my credit card information. Why?
Your card may be rejected if the address verification you are entering is NOT your billing address. The address you enter must match exactly what is printed on your credit card statement. Your card may also not be accepted if you have made more than 5 transactions within a 24 hour period. You are NOT registered if your credit card was not accepted. If you leave the site, your information is not saved.
7. What is a CVN code and where do I find it?
A CVN code, a.k.a security code, are digits printed on your credit card. American Express 4-digit CVN numbers are located on the front of the card. Visa and MasterCard print their 3-digit CVNs on the back of the card. (Please note that some of the newer American Express cards have 2 CVN numbers; they also have 3 numbers on the back).
8. I registered and need to alter my registration. How do I do this?
You may log in to your registration with your confirmation number and make all necessary changes (except for category changes). Return to the online registration home page and click the link Access your 2011 profile to make a substitution and/or changes.
9. I registered but can no longer attend. What is the refund policy/process?
A request for registration cancellation or registration category adjustment must be sent in writing to the Secretariat. A $50 administrative fee (plus applicable taxes) will apply. Refunds will not be issued after September 23, 2011.
10. I registered but can no longer attend. May I transfer my registration to someone else?
Substitutions may be done without penalty until September 23, 2011. Return to the online registration home page and click on the link Access your 2011 profile to make a substitution and/or changes. You will require your reference code to access your profile. After September 23, 2011, requests for delegate substitutions will only be accepted in writing by the CCC Secretariat, and will be subject to an administrative fee.
11. How do I become a member and benefit from discounted registration rates?
To register at a member rate, you will need to be a member of one of the following organizations. Select the name of the organization you would like to join. You will be redirected to their Web site where you will find membership information and application forms.
12. What is a Housing Bureau?
A housing bureau is a centralized system that instantly links delegates to a main page detailing the CCC's official hotels. From there, delegates can view information on each official CCC hotel (make comparisons) and complete their hotel room reservation based on their preferences, such as cost or proximity to venue.
13. How do I book my Hotel room through the CCC 2011 Housing Bureau?
Your first step is to register to attend CCC 2011. In your confirmation e-mail, you will be provided an Access Code (not to be confused with your CCC 2011 confirmation number) to use in order to complete your hotel room reservation through the dedicated CCC 2011 Housing Bureau.
14. Where on my registration confirmation e-mail is my CCC 2011 Access Code for the Housing Bureau?
You will find your Housing Bureau Access Code on Page 2 of your registration confirmation e-mail, under the paragraph entitled "Accommodations".
15. I am interested in exhibiting. Where can I find information I need to exhibit at CCC 2011?
All the information you need to become an exhibitor can be found in the Exhibitor/Sponsor Prospectus brochure, including all necessary applications forms and deadlines.
16. I am interested in sponsoring. Where can I find information on becoming a sponsor for CCC 2011?
All the information you need to become a sponsor can be found in the Exhibitor/Sponsor Prospectus brochure, including all necessary applications forms and deadlines.
17. How can I obtain additional CME credits?
The CCS offers free online accredited medical education sessions through the AdvancingIn Cardiovascular Health Internet Portal at www.Advancingin.com. The courses can be found under the Partner Programs.
18. I have an Accreditation-related inquiry. Who do I call?
All Accreditation related inquiries should be directed to the Canadian Cardiovascular Society via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 1-877-569-3407 (Toll Free).
19. When can I expect to see an electronic version of the Preliminary Program for CCC 2011?
The online version of the Preliminary Program will be available between mid-May and early June 2011. (Dates will be confirmed once the production schedule is complete).
20. I am sensitive to perfumes and am concerned about circulating among large crowds during CCC 2011.
You should know that for many years now the CCC has been Scent Free. The CCC recognizes that some people are sensitive to scented products. Perfumes and strong odours can precipitate severe reactions. Please limit the use of perfumes, scented hair spray, cologne, aftershave and other highly scented products out of respect for delegates with severe allergies.
21. Will an electronic version of the Final Program be made available on-line?
Yes. An electronic version of the Final Program will be available on-line in both an easy to read flip-book format and a pdf sometime in late September 2011. A hardcopy version of the Final Program will be available on-site in your delegate bag.
22. I want to provide feedback about the CCC directly to the organizers, how do I do that?
Feedback should be directed via e-mail at email@example.com.
23. How do I buy a City Night ticket after I have already registered?
You may log in to your registration with your confirmation number and purchase a ticket up until September 16, 2011. After September 16, requests for tickets may be made in writing to the CCC Secretariat. Tickets will also be available for sale on-site from Friday evening to Monday evening, or until sold out.
24. May I bring my child (children) to City Night?
Unfortunately, event regulations do not allow for children to accompany their parents during City Night.