CCSC 2018 Le 20 au 23 octobre 2018 - Toronto, Ont.
- All presenters must be registered for the CCC to receive their access badge, which grants them admission to CCC. This badge must be worn by all delegates in order to enter any sessions.
- Click here to register for the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
- When you arrive in Toronto, go to the CCC Registration Desk located on Level 600 in Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) South Building to pick up your delegate badge.
MULTIEPOSTER will be providing technical support for all digital poster presenters and can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All scientific sessions will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), the Fairmont Royal York Hotel and the Intercontinental Toronto Hotel.
- Check the CCC 2018 App, the online event schedule or the online Final Programme to reconfirm the date, time, and location of your presentation(s). The App will be available for download in the App Store and Google Play as well on the CCC website in September.
- The CCC features a networked presentation management system, which means that your presentation is loaded centrally and sent to the appropriate room in advance of your session. This system allows you to submit and manage your presentation files, in advance of congress, through the virtual speaker-ready room (VSRR) and on-site in the speaker-ready room (SRR).
- Presenters are NOT permitted to use their personal laptops in the session room. A computer will be provided in the room.
- To access your presentation on the computer in your session room, click your session time, then click your name on the display, and your presentation will launch automatically. At the end of your presentation, the display will return to the list of presenters in that session. If you have any difficulties or need assistance during your presentation, click the on-screen HELP button and an audio visual technician will be immediately sent to your room.
Before You Arrive
- Submit your files via the web through the Virtual Speaker Ready Room (VSRR). Advance submissions will make your check-in faster. Upload ALL necessary media files including any videos, sounds or fonts by Thursday, October 18 at 17:00 (EDT).
- For presentations with multiple presenters: each presenter must submit individually. The system manages presenters individually and a co-presenter will not be able to logon to edit the combined presentation.
- For presenters with multiple presentations: Once logged into the VSRR, a list of sessions that you will be presenting in will appear. A separate presentation must be uploaded for each of these sessions.
- Bring a copy of your entire presentation (USB) with you to the SRR.
- Review the Guidelines for Session Chairs and Invited Speakers.
Building Your Presentation
Please see the Freeman Presentation Guidelines for details.
If you have additional questions regarding your presentation files prior to CCC, contact the CCC Technician Service Team, Freeman, at email@example.com. Please be sure to list CCC2018 in the subject.
CCS is pleased to be working with MULTIEPOSTER, a state-of-the-art ePoster company.
- All ePoster and Moderated Presentations must be submitted online prior to arriving at CCC. MULTIEPOSTER will be in contact with each presenter in order to assist in creating and uploading your ePoster. In the meantime, please view the helpful video to gain a better understanding of how your presentation will be uploaded by you, and how you will present your poster at CCC.
- Moderated Presentations are ePosters presented in an oral format, with a private audience.
- ePosters and Moderated Presentations sessions will be held in the Community Forum located in Metro Toronto Convention Centre on level 800, Hall E and F. ePosters are available for general viewing during the Community Forum hours. All ePosters and Moderated Presentation abstracts will also be available for online viewing through Posters-on-the-Go and in the CCC 2018 App.
- Authors are asked to be present to discuss their ePoster and answer questions during specific presentation times. Check your acceptance notices for your exact presentation time. This information will also be available in the CCC 2018 App and at the ePoster Information Desk. Please note: each ePoster will be locked to their specific screen for exactly 15 minutes.
A Presenters’ Information Desk is located within the ePoster Area, and will be staffed during Community Forum Hours.
- Saturday, Oct. 20: 10:00 - 18:30
- Sunday, Oct. 21: 10:00 - 16:30
- Monday, Oct. 22: 10:00 - 16:30
- Moderated Presentation presenters will present their ePoster in their assigned session in the Moderated ePoster Theatre area. Check your acceptance notice for your session time and Theatre location. Presenters will have a microphone and headsets will be provided to the audience to minimize noise in adjacent areas. Your Moderated Presentation is 10 minutes in length (including three minutes for Q&A). Please ensure you use the microphone as the audience is using headphones.
- Check the CCC 2018 App to reconfirm the date, time and ePoster screen number of your presentation(s). It will be available in September in the App Store and Google Play as well as on the CCC website.
Canadian Cardiovascular Society
(877/613)569-3407 ext. 408
Available October 11 - 18, 17:00 (EDT)
PLEASE NOTE: All CCC 2018 speakers should receive a site announcement email detailing how to access the Virtual Speaker-ready Room (VSRR) site.
- Use the URL in the site announcement email to register your account by setting a password.
- You can use your email address and created password to login after the registration process above.
* Accounts will not work unless they’ve been registered via the URL in the email sent to the presenting authors email.
* Use the presenting author’s login credentials for papers so that the presentation can be properly identified at the session. If the user name for the presenting author doesn’t work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update the user profile with the presenting author’s information.
- A list of the sub-sessions you will be presenting in will appear.
- Click on the sub-session you wish to upload.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- There is no limit to the size and number of files uploaded (refer to the Presenter Guide found here for more information on hardware and software specifications).
- Please review that you’ve successfully uploaded all your presentation files to the correct sub-session. Don’t forget to upload any additional media such as video, audio or flash files used to create your presentation. PowerPoint may not embed video files so without the clips, the PowerPoint presentation will not know where to find the movie and your video will not play.
- Click “log out” to complete your upload session
- After submitting a file, you will receive a confirmation e-mail within a few hours. Please make sure to add email@example.com to your email safe senders list to ensure you receive the confirmation.
- If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your file was received. When contacting support for technical issues please reference CCC2018 as the conference name, the presenter’s full name, and the session information you are assigned to.
- Access Page.
- Submit/modify file.
- You may also download your previously uploaded file by clicking on its name.
- To remove a file, click the trash bin image next to the respective file.
- Review and log out.
CAN I USE MY OWN LAPTOP AT CCC?
No. Presenters are not permitted to use their personal laptops in the session room. A computer will be provided in the room.
CAN I USE MY OWN AUDIENCE RESPONSE SYSTEM AT CCC?
Yes. Presenters may use their own audience response system at CCC if there is no software to install.
I’M PRESENTING AT CCC, DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
Yes. All presenters must be registered for CCC to receive their access badge, which grants them admission to CCC. This badge must be worn by all delegates in order to enter any sessions. Registration is available here.
WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL BE IN MY PRESENTATION ROOM?
Scientific session and breakout rooms are equipped with a Windows based PC computer, cue device with laser pointer, podium with microphone, LCD projector and screen, and a head table with two microphones.
DO I REALLY NEED TO UPLOAD MY PRESENTATION TO THE VSRR?
Yes. It is MANDATORY that all presenters upload their presentation to the VSRR. Submitting your files via the web through the VSRR will make your check in faster. Upload ALL necessary media files including any videos, sounds or fonts by October 18th at 17:00 (EDT).
DO I REALLY NEED TO UPLOAD MY EPOSTER / MODERATED PRESENTATIONS TO MULTIEPOSTER?
Yes. It is MANDATORY that all presenters upload their ePoster to Multieposter. ALL files must be uploaded by October 9th at 17:00 (EST).
IF I’VE ALREADY UPLOADED MY PRESENTATION THROUGH THE VSRR DO I NEED TO GO TO THE SRR?
Yes. We ask that all presenters visit the SRR no later than 24 hours before your scheduled session to review your presentation to ensure all fonts, images and animations are correct and audio, video clips are functioning. The computers are the same in the SRR and the session rooms. IF THE PRESENTATION DOES NOT PLAY PROPERLY IN THE SPEAKER-READY ROOM, IT WILL NOT PLAY PROPERLY IN THE MEETING ROOM. Audio visual technicians will be available to assist. Revisions, edits and final version saving can be made up to four hours before your presentation. No changes are permitted after that time.
I HAVE QUESTIONS UNRELATED TO PRESENTERS, WHERE CAN I FIND OTHER FAQS?
Additional frequently asked questions can be found here.